Beach Parking and Camping
Beach Parking, Camping & Permits
103 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648-5183
Phone: (714) 536-5281 Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
NOTE: All fees subject to change.
Huntington Harbour Boat Parade a go for this weekend
Though the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic has put a damper on many holiday plans, one Christmas tradition will continue this weekend in Huntington Harbour. The 58th annual Huntington Harbour Boat Parade will go on this weekend as scheduled in Huntington Beach, though the Cruise of Lights that would typically follow has been canceled for 2020. See you in 2021!
Independence Day July 4, 2021
Best U.S. Beach to Celebrate 4th of July by Travel and Leisure
Travel and Leisure ranked Surf City USA as one of the best U.S. beaches to celebrate the 4th of July and it’s no wonder why. To the outstanding firework show over the ocean, the biggest parade west of the Mississippi and the Surf City 5k run, it’s a spectacular day filled with fun family events. While celebrating in Downtown Huntington Beach, check out the delicious surrounding restaurants on 5th & PCH, Pacific City and downtown. Before you go celebrate be aware of the parking rates and availability.
Things to do on 4th of July in Huntington Beach
- Firework show off the Huntington Beach Pier
- Huntington Beach Parade
- Surf City 5K morning run
- Pier Plaza Festival and Entertainment
- 4th of July Pancake Breakfast – Hosted by Kiwanis
7:00 pm – Gates Open
9:00 pm – Fireworks Show
A total of 1,300 rounds of fireworks are shot off the end of the Huntington Beach Pier. Visitors gather along the coast and on the beach for miles, even renting premium hotel rooms with an ocean view along the Huntington Beach coast, to celebrate our nation’s independence. Others claim a bonfire pit early in the morning. Fireworks viewing is free from the beach, but those who want to get closer to the action can purchase tickets to sit on the pier.
Fireworks Over the Ocean Ticket: $10
Lake Park Bleacher Seat Ticket: $15
Purchase Tickets here.
The Pier will be partially closed to the public all day and completely closed at 5:00 PM.
Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade
The Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade is the biggest Independence Day parade west of the Mississippi and has been held since 1904. On July 4th 1904, was when Huntington Beach was named Huntington Beach. The parade is over two miles and two hours long and includes floats, marching bands, civic organizations and celebrity guests. The parade is televised locally each year and, while seating along the parade route is free, tickets can be purchased for premium bleacher seating just past downtown.
GRAND MARSHALS AND GUESTS OF THE PARADE
- Parade Grand Marshal, Lorenzo Lamas
- Teen Grand Marshal, Gabriel Bateman
- Children’s Grand Marshal, Disney’s Minnie Mouse
- Community Grand Marshal, Tony Diersing
- Sports Grand Marshals, Orange County Special Olympics
- Celebrity Guest, Tim Conway, Jr.
- Celebrity Guest, Lynette Romero
- Celebrity Guest, Joanie Sprague
- Prime viewing spots fill up early (and are often staked out the day before) and include the stretch of PCH between 8th and Main, the commercial area on Main near PCH, the area around Lake Park on Main, and the area next to the Huntington Beach Civic Center and Huntington Beach High School.
- Viewing spots for the parade may not be staked out before 7 a.m. on Monday, July 3. Materials used to reserve public areas (such as sidewalks) cannot block pedestrian or vehicular access before 6 a.m. on July 4. All materials must be removed by 3 p.m. on July 4.
- Avoid areas directly in front of residential homes.
The parade will officially begin at PCH and 9th, going from 9th to Main where it will proceed up Main through the downtown and residential areas, ending just past Yorktown.
Van’s US Open of Surfing
The Vans US Open of Surfing is the world’s largest surf competition and lifestyle festival. The event includes world-class surfing, skateboarding and BMX competitions, movie premieres, retail and art exhibitions, and product demos and samples from your favorite action sport industry brands, including title sponsor Vans. The event is free to attend.
The Great Pacific Airshow
September 2021 | 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
5th annual show line-up will feature the USAF Thunderbirds and others, in what is sure to be a spectacular event. The Huntington Beach Airshow is free to the public with a large event footprint spanning Huntington City Beach from Seapoint to Beach Boulevard. Watch the show from one of the four oceanfront hotels in Huntington Beach. Learn more here. Make it a day down at the beach and grab a bonfire pit to cook out while watching the show. Or grab a bite to eat at restaurants like Duke’s, Sandy’s that are right by the Huntington Beach Pier or Jack’s and Zack’s that are right by the viewing area of the airshow. Parking will be available but is limited, and any frequent questions about the show can be found here. For more information visit www.pacificairshow.com
Show center is located Pacific Coast Highway & Huntington Street. Anywhere along the beach north or south of this location will be a terrific spot to view the show.
- Beach guests should anticipate little to no shade. Bring a beach umbrella if you need a shaded area.
- Handicap seating area on the pier will be available on a first come first served basis. Please be aware that no transportation is offered from your vehicle to and around the airshow site.
- Yes, you can watch the airshow from a boat on the water. Boaters should refer to the US Coast Guard notice to mariners for further location information.
- Yes, you can swim and surf during the show however expect to only be able to swim in waist deep water during the show time.
Food and Beverages
A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase (cash and credit) near show center. The Great Pacific Airshow’s concessionaire makes every effort to ensure menu items are suitable for all guests. It is recommended that all attendees who have food restrictions eat before the show and / or bring your own snacks.
Pilots don’t fly without a checklist, why should you? Use this checklist of helpful tips to optimize your Airshow experience:
- NO DRONE ZONE
- Bring beach chairs or a beach towel for seating
- There is no schedule of the acts given out. The show is from 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Practice performances will commence around 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM Friday, October 4, 2019
- Be prepared for traffic delays
- Obey all posted parking signs. The last thing you want after a fun day is a parking ticket.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Bring sunglasses, a hat, and umbrellas
- For more information: contact The Great Pacific Airshow here
Surf City Surf Dog in Huntington Beach
Saturday, September 2021
8:00 AM – 2:30 PM
The annual Surf City Surf Dog event at Huntington Dog Beach features a multi-heat dog surfing competition, guaranteed to entertain and impress. The event is free to attend and spectate. Surf dog competitors will have twelve minutes to catch his or her top five waves and be judged by local celebrity and surf judges on confidence level, length of ride and overall ability to ride the wave.
This unique canine sporting event not only features the world-famous dog surfing competition, but also family-friendly activities including pet adoptions, canine play zones, vendor booths, and food trucks. The series has benefited charities such as the French Bulldog Rescue Network, Westie Rescue of Orange County, Golden Retriever Rescue, Barks of Love, OCSPCA, and Huntington Dog Beach. Bring your family and four legged friends for some fun in the sun!
California Wine Festival
Wine, food, music, sea and sun. These elements create the quintessential wine tasting experience at the California Wine Festival – Huntington Beach. Paséa Hotel & Spa will host California best wineries pouring hundreds of vintage red and white wines, complemented by dozens of the region’s top chefs and speciality food purveyors serving gourmet appetizers along with live music and an ocean view. Experience one of the California’s most popular wine festivals at the Best Beach in California! The event will run for two days with options of VIP or GA tickets.
AVP Huntington Beach Open
The 2019 AVP season will be kicking off in style as they hit the sands of Surf City USA for the Huntington Beach Open. Since 2000 Huntington Beach has hosted more AVP events than any other location, with this being the 20th straight year that a pro beach volleyball tournament has been played there. Last year, Huntington Beach was the venue for an FIVB 4-Star event hosted by the AVP, but this year it will be all familiar faces as the pros fight to kick off the season with a big tournament win. For both men and women, the field has been wide open as six different teams have won in the last seven years for each gender. With teams shaken up and plenty of newcomers on the scene, there’s a good chance this trend continues. Spend your Cinco de Mayo weekend with the AVP as we kick off our summer of beach volleyball.
About JoAnn Dickinson
I’m JoAnn Dickinson, lifestyle blogger and Broker at JoAnn Dickinson Homes, Inc. I live and work in the Orange County Area and love everything this beautiful area has to offer. If you live in Huntington Beach or surrounding communities or are thinking about moving here, you have come to the right place! Stay up to date with Orange County Lifestyle, Events, Restaurants, Outdoors, Real Estate and more!